Get a Streak-Free Windshield by Cleaning It Like This
When it comes cleaning your vehicle, nothing is quite as frustrating as spending 15-20 minutes cleaning all the windows in your vehicle and then finding that there are streaks all over them. Let us help.
Here’s how to clean your windshield and windows without leaving streaks behind.
5-Step Guide to Streak-Free Windows
Getting that coveted streak-free shine is easier than you think. Follow these steps:
- Combine 2 cups distilled water, ½ cup white vinegar, and ¼ cup rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle; shake gently to combine
- Spray homemade cleaner onto clean, absorbent rag; DO NOT spray cleaner onto glass
- Wipe interior glass in a sweeping motion from the top of the of window, downward; make sure to roll each window down around an inch to get the top
- Apply more cleaner and switch to clean parts of the rag as necessary
- When a window is finished, immediately use a microfiber towel to wipe down the window; this removes excess cleaner and streaks before they can settle
Things to Avoid When Cleaning Glass
There are a few ways that many people sabotage themselves while cleaning their vehicle’s windshield and windows. We’ve listed few below. Take a look and make sure you’re not doing these things:
- Spraying cleaner directly on glass
- Using a store-bought glass cleaner
- Using paper towels
- Using dirty or unabsorbent rags
- Not switching to clean part of rag as it dirties
- Not wiping down each window immediately after it’s cleaned
Looking for an Affordable Vehicle?
If you’re in the market for a high-quality, affordable used car, give CrossPointe a call. With a wide selection ranging from crossovers and trucks to hybrids and electric vehicles (and everything between), you’re sure to find what you need at CrossPointe. And don’t forget to ask about our free lifetime powertrain warranty.